Last updated 2012-10-13 22:12:25 SGT
A brief pause from messed up midterms and extra-length essays:
Fish (fly-replete, in depth of June,
Dawdling away their wat'ry noon)
Ponder deep wisdom, dark or clear,
Each secret fishy hope or fear.
Fish say, they have their Stream and Pond;
But is there anything Beyond?
This life cannot be All, they swear,
For how unpleasant, if it were!
One may not doubt that, somehow, Good
Shall come of Water and of Mud;
And, sure, the reverent eye must see
A Purpose in Liquidity.
We darkly know, by Faith we cry,
The future is not Wholly Dry.
Mud unto mud! – Death eddies near –
Not here the appointed end, not here!
But somewhere, beyond Space and Time,
Is wetter water, slimier slime!
And there (they trust) there swimmeth One
Who swam ere rivers were begun,
Immense, of fishy form and mind,
Squamous, omnipotent, and kind;
And under that Almighty Fin,
The littlest fish may enter in.
Oh! never fly conceals a hook,
Fish say of that Eternal Brook,
But more than mundane weeds are there,
And mud, celestially fair;
Fat caterpillars drift around,
And Paradisal grubs are found;
Unfading moths, immortal flies,
And the worm that never dies.
And in that Heaven of all their wish,
There shall be no more land, say fish.
— Rupert Brooke
I wonder if this is what atheists think about us. That would be quite funny.
So this is a summary of what has been happening to me:
- I have been very busy doing things that don't teach me very much
- Because of this, I have no time to actually learn stuff
- If I don't do all the tedious things, my grades will suck
- I made a fuckton of mistakes on my midterm, necessitating me doing more tedious things to compensate.
- My writing professor wants me to write an anthropological research paper in one month
- I have no idea why people think I am genius
- People think I am genius
Also happening to me:
- Being asked to do random web design (and actually getting paid for it)
- Being asked to TA an astronomy module
- Being asked to write music for a drama production
- Hoarding mooncakes which last forever
- Recruiting a bridge crew for Artemis
What I have done so far:
- Two essays on indigenous identities, one of which is about to exceed its word limit by a factor of 50% (with my professor's blessing)
- Five Physics lab reports, with a sixth forthcoming (this accounts for 10% of my grade and 50% of my workload for both Physics modules)
- Eleven Math tutorials (which are all things I have done before)
- Two more physics lab reports. with a third one forthcoming (expensive equipment for the win! If I were to twitch while inserting a scanning tip into the $20,000 STM, I would incur a repair cost of $1,200. Also Pt/Ir wire costs $1/mm)
- Half a research proposal (embedding Hamiltonian mechanics onto a compactified time dimension)
What I want to do:
- Differential geometry and geometrodynamics
- Classical mechanics and mathematical methods thereof
- Epsilon-delta formulation of FLoCoV
- Proper stargazing
Hopefully I can clear things up before finals.