Last updated 2015-02-23 21:43:52 SGT
I am playing music, and leave my room momentarily. Out of consideration for my roommates, I decide the music must stop:
- I press the "pause" button on my Pebble's music app
- My Pebble sends an event to the Pebble app on my phone via bluetooth
- The Pebble app relays it to the MPDroid app on my phone as an A2DP/AVRCP event
- The MPDroid app performs an mDNS lookup to connect to my laptop over 802.11n off the router in my suite
- MPDroid sends "pause" to mpd, running on my laptop, on TCP port 6600
- mpd pauses the music, and ceases to send a stream to pulseaudio
- pulseaudio ceases its stream to my speakers via bluetooth, again using A2DP
- the music stops before I take my first step out of my room.
One day we will look back on today as an age of untrammelled luxury.