Equipotential Chess ReduxComments
Last updated 2016-08-04 16:54:57 SGT
I've made an implementation of equipotential chess running off Pyglet on Python3! The code can be found on its GitLab repository.
- 2-player game with undo and logging
- Rules as described on the original equipotential chess page, with some modifications:
- Diagonal movements are handled physically (i.e. one equipotential step, then one field line step), rather than geometrically (two adjoining lines). This has no consequences except at the vertices where [\nabla U = 0] or is singular (i.e. stationary points and sources), since those are the only places where field lines intersect (i.e. the equipotential 'surfaces' are actually points)
- Movement of the 士 pieces to the point masses and back can be disabled by setting
士_FLAG = False.
- 兵 pieces can now advance up and down the first equipotential once they reach the enemy point source, since otherwise they'd have nowhere to go (i.e. no valid moves, which makes them useless except as stepping stones for 炮).
More information (including known issues, and more screenshots) can be found on the repository. Unlike most of the stuff on this website, I release this software under the GPL v3.